To qualify for the CW/CE program one has to meet and/or be able to do the following:
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Must be able to safely climb and work from ladders and scaffolds of various heights.
- Must be able to climb ladders and scaffolds, bend, stoop, crawl and work in confined spaces.
- Must be able to lift, carry and manipulate tools and materials common to the trade.
- Must be and remain free of any non-prescription drugs. Drug screening is required.
- Must be able to read, hear, understand and follow written and verbal instructions.
- Must be willing to follow instructions and to work cooperatively with others.
- Must be able and willing to follow safety procedures.
- Must be able to get to and from job sites anywhere in the jurisdiction.
- If applicable, must provide a complete work history in the electrical construction industry beginning with the current or most recent employer.
While most work is in, around, or near the City of Richmond, you are subject to job assignments in the counties of: Amelia, Caroline, Charles City, Chesterfield, Colonial Heights City, Cumberland, Dinwiddie, Essex, Goochland, Hanover, Henrico, Hopewell City, James City, King and Queen, King William, New Kent, Nottoway, Petersburg City, Powhatan, Prince George, Surry, Sussex, and Williamsburg City.